Kayak the San Juan Islands
Ready for a Fun, Fitness Adventure in God's Great Outdoors?
Experience an exhilarating fun-filled adventure glamping and kayaking in the beautiful San Juan Islands located in the Northwest part of Washington State.
The San Juan Islands are one of the world’s top sea kayaking destinations. Nowhere else in North America can you experience the variety of unique and even endangered species as we paddle over the waters of the San Juan Islands.
Paddling this area offers rugged coastline, expansive ocean views, snow covered mountains, and lots of marine wildlife including orca whales, seals, sea lions, eagles, and more.
Sail Off to Adventure
We begin the adventure with a dinner and overnight stay near the Seattle/Tacoma International Airport.
The next morning we will be transported to the Seattle waterfront where we will board the high speed catamaran San Juan Clipper for a 3 hour beautiful site seeing trip to spectacular Friday Harbor.
Enjoy Glamorous Camping
From there we go to Lakedale Resort and campground for a glamorous camping experience. Glamping is a hot new trend! Ditch the sleeping bag for a comfy king sized bed with cozy cotton sheets and flannel duvet cover. Custom 4-person canvas cabins complete with bathroom and shower await you.
Wake up in the woods to the smell of fresh coffee, bagels, homemade muffins, pancakes and fresh fruit served in the mess tent.
Count on Your Expert Guides
We will then head out for a 3-day/2-night adventure paddling and old-fashioned camping around the San Juan Islands. Everything you need for a fun-filled trip is included: first rate kayak equipment, delicious made-from-scratch meals, 2 person tents, pads, and sleeping bags.
All under the watchful eye of expert kayak guides.
Friendships & Memories for a Lifetime
Upon return from our kayak experience we will board the Clipper catamaran for our return to Seattle were we will enjoy one last meal together and share our happy memories then settle down for a good night’s sleep before heading our separate ways the next morning.
What You'll Experience
- Arrive SeaTac Airport
- Dinner provided at local area restaurant
- Spend the night at nearby hotel.
- Breakfast provided by hotel starting at 5:00am.
- Leave hotel by 6:40 am.
- Arrive at Seattle waterfront by 7:15 to board Victoria Clipper
- Depart Seattle at 8:15 – arrive Friday Harbor, San Juan Island at noon
- Shuttle to Lakedale Resort campground
- Dinner/BBQ provided
- Spend the night in a glamorous 4 person canvas cabin complete with bathroom and shower and 2 king sized beds.
- Hot Breakfast provided by Lakedale Resort
- Here we will be met by the kayak tour company
- 9am – Pick up at Lakedale Resort and shuttle to Roche Harbor
- 9:30am - Pack kayaks
- 10am – Suit up! Your guides will get you fitted for PFDs and spray skirts. After you have the proper attire on, there will be a short on-land paddling demonstration
- 10:30 – Depart Roche Harbor and head for Jones Island
- Lunch – your lunch spot will depend on tides, currents, and paddling speed. Lunch is often taken at Reuben Tarte beach before crossing to Jones Island. Lunch is a 30-60 minute stop and allows you to also stretch your legs after paddling.
- 3pm – Arrive at Jones Island and set up camp (actual arrival time is dependent on tides, currents, and paddling speed, but most groups reach their final destination in the mid-afternoon)
- 6pm – Dinner
- 6:30am – Coffee is ready for those that are early to rise!
- 8:00am – Breakfast
- 10am – Depart for day paddle
- Lunch break on an island beach
- 4pm – Return from day paddle
- 6pm – Dinner
- 6:30 – Coffee!
- 8am – Breakfast
- 8:30pm – Pack up camp
- 10am – Depart Jones Island
- Lunch – Typically taken at Point Caution
- 2pm – Arrive at Friday Harbor docks (actual arrival time is dependent on tides, currents, and paddling speed)
- 4:30pm – Board Victoria Clipper for trip back to Seattle
- 8:00pm – Arrive Seattle and have dinner
- 9:45pm – Transport back to hotel near SeaTac airport.
- Hot Breakfast provided by hotel starting at 5:00am.
- Good byes and on your own from here.
Everything is included
Everything you need for a fantastic, fun, and memorable experience is included. First and last night’s stay in Seattle near the airport, transportation between the locations, meals, all equipment for glamping, kayaking, and camping.* It could not be easier to have a memorable experience and over the top adventure.
We are even including Training & Accountability. From the moment you register, you'll be part of a TEAM. Together, we will train our bodies and prepare our hearts for a life-changing adventure together.
No guesswork. We'll map out, week by week, exactly what you need to do to get in shape for the physical challenge of kayaking. So the sooner you join, the sooner you'll have access to the encouragement and accountabilty you'll need to enjoy the journey.